Stretch marks are the visible lines on the surface of the skin. These can be present anywhere around your shoulder, bicep, legs and in the abdominal area. Stretch marks are off-color hue which can be appeared due to some reasons. These can be mostly seen in the pregnant women after pregnancy women usually get stretch marks in their abdominal area. The other reasons which can lead to stretch marks in different parts of human body are:
- Rapid Fat Loss
- Changes in physical condition
- Fast gain or loss of weight
Now as far as stretch marks are concerned these are almost non-removable but we can reduce them up to some extent. These will get very light in color, but it is impossible to remove them from the body.
Now, our skin consists of three main layers:
- Hypodermic (The deepest layer).
- Dermis (The middle layer)
- Epidermis (The outer layer)
Stretch marks are formed due to rapid contraction and expansion of skin. When the skin is stretched up to its threshold flexibility, then stretch marks are formed. These are set up in the middle layer i.e. at dermis. Due to stretching f skin, the scars tends to appear on the top layer. When the marks are formed these are bright red in color, and these tend to thin after some time. There are some methods by which we can reduce the stretch marks from our skin which are given below:
1) Omega-3 Rich Food
You have to consume food that is rich in Omega-3 which is excellent for the skin. You can have Omega-3 from various food items like:
- Egg Whites: You can have whole eggs in your diet to get Omega-3. Along with omega-3 eggs also protein and amino acids which are very helpful for our body.
- Flax seeds
- Chia Seeds
Method 2: You can also apply eggs onto the stretch marks. For that what you have to do is:
- Take only white eggs, remove the yolk from them.
- Clean the stretch marks area with water and apply white’s eggs to it with the brush.
- Let the solution dry for some time and then clean it with cold water.
- After all these steps apply olive oil to that area to keep it moisturized
- You can use this process twice in a week.
2) Lemon Juice
This is also useful in reducing the stretch marks from the body as these contain Vitamin-C. You have to follow some basic steps to use it on the infected surface:
- Take lemon juice and rub it on the surface gently.
- Let the solution soak for around 10 min and then rinse it with hot water.
This is also very helpful in reducing the stretch marks:
- Take one tsp of raw sugar
- Mix with some almond oil
- Add a few drops of lemon juice
- Apply the mixture on the stretch marks every day.
4) Potato Juice
The vitamins and minerals present in it are helpful in growth and restoration of skin cells
- Take a potato and cut it into big slices
- Rub the potato slices on the affected area for some time.
- After potato juice gets dry over the surface, clean it with warm water.
5) Aloe Vera
It is very helpful in reducing stretch marks because of its soothing and healing properties. Here are the steps to apply it:
- Apply aloe Vera gel on the affected area for 15 minutes
- Rinse it water hot water.
So, that was all the methods to reduce or remove the stretch marks from the body. For more health tips Stay Connected