Superfoods That Can Save Your Life – We believe that you will not be knowing anyone on this earth, not your parents, not your health doctor, not even your close friends, who would recommend you that you can eat less of the green leafy vegetables and it’s okay.
Leafy greens such as mustard, chard, and spinach are perhaps the best, most nutritionally dense foods that you must prefer to eat. These vegetables are enriched with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants which can prevent your arteries from hardening.
It is believed that our Mother Nature has put everything on this earth in order to feed us or to heal us. It is only the actions of a man that corrupts these things which have turned what should be healthy for us into something bad for our health.
You need to take a look at the top foods you must include in your diet if you want to live a longer, healthier life. Studies have shown for most of the people, adding these foods have literally saved their life.
So, here we are going to tell you 7 easy-to-find, easy-to-make, “super” foods which will help you keep eating healthy simple.
#1 Greek yogurt
A great way to get calcium is to add yogurt to your diet. Yogurt is also rich in immune-boosting microbes. But we advise you that the next time you hit the yogurt aisle you should pick up the Greek kind of yogurt. Studies have shown that, compared with regular yogurt, green yogurt has twice the amount of protein.
- We just can’t imagine a perfect food other than the beans. One cooked cup of beans has the ability to provide as much as 15 g fiber. These are also rich in protein and dozens of other key nutrients, such as calcium, magnesium, potassium etc.
- Studies have shown the fact that beans help in reducing the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, high blood pressure, and many types of cancers.
- You can use them in salads, potatoes, spinach, and capsicum or make sandwich spreads.
Oatmeals are linked with high fiber content, antioxidants, and many key nutrients. Having these in breakfast has been shown to help lower cholesterol levels in the body thus preventing heart problems, aids in digestion, and can even improve metabolism of your body.
#4 Edamame and tofu
- A recent study at an American University has shown that foods such as tofu, edamame, and soya milk have properties which can help fight heart diseases.
- These foods are also enriched in polyunsaturated fats which are healthy for the heart, a good amount of fiber, and many important vitamins. Plant estrogens present in edamame may also help in the prevention of breast cancer.
- We recommend you not to take soy supplements, which contain high and possibly dodgy amounts of is flavones.
Broccoli is packed with vitamins, minerals, the fiber content and other disease-fighting compounds. Broccoli is a uper food due to its property of containing exceptionally high levels of vitamin C and folates. Folates are believed to reduce risk of heart attacks, certain kinds of cancerss, etc
- Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C which is critical for producing white blood cells in our blood and antibodies that help in fighting off infections.
- Vitamin C is a commanding antioxidant that helps shield cells from free-radical damage. It also plays a key role in the production of skin-firming collagen.
#7 Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes contain alpha and beta-carotene that converts these compounds into an active form of vitamin A, which helps in keeping eyes, bones and the immune system of our body healthy.